Sunday, March 22, 2009

AUDREY HEPBURN -- HQ (152) -- Tribute to a Classic Beauty

Credits: Original photographers, scanners, posters and Imagevenue



A special thanks to Chaplin and Netnessie w/o their posts this post would not have been possible



Audrey Kathleen Ruston, Audrey Hepburn was born on May 4, 1929 in Brussels, Belgium








The multi-lingual UNICEF goodwill ambassador toured different parts of the world and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom and The Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award in recognition of her work off screen








"The army gave us their trucks, the fishmongers gave their wagons for the vaccines, and once the date was set, it took ten days to vaccinate the whole country. Not bad."








Academy Award, Tony Award, Grammy Award, Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award winner and nonetheless Henrietta Award winner for the World's Favorite Actress







Her publicity photo from Sabrina is found on the stamp issued by United States Postal Service, an honor shared by very few non-Americans








4 Academy Award nominations and Roman Holiday takes the cake








Holly Golightly role "The jazziest of my career"







"This is very unusual. I've never been alone with a man before, even with my dress on. With my dress off, it's most unusual."








"I hate this nightgown. I hate all my nightgowns. And I hate all my underwear too."







The icon passed away on January 20, 1993 at age 63









AFI: The 3rd greatest film star of all time







“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”








Here's to you Audrey








No comments:

Post a Comment